Division Shortcut Tricks
Division shortcut tricks are very important thing to know for your exams. Time is the main factor in competitive exams. If you know how to manage time then you will surely do great in your exam. Most of us miss that part. Here in this page we give few examples on Division shortcut tricks. These shortcut tricks cover all sorts of tricks on Division. We request all visitors to read all examples carefully. These examples will help you to understand shortcut tricks on Division.
Before starting anything just do a math practice set. Write down twenty math problems related to this topic on a page. Do first ten maths using basic formula of this math topic. You also need to keep track of the time. After finish write down total time taken by you to solve those ten maths. Now practice our shortcut tricks on division and read examples carefully. After this do remaining ten questions and apply shortcut formula on those math problems. Again keep track of Timing. You will surely see the improvement in your timing this time. But this is not all you need. You need more practice to improve your timing more.
Few Important things to Remember
We all know that the most importnt thing in competitive exams is Mathematics. It doesn’t mean that other topics are not so important. But if you need a good score in exam then you have to score good in maths. A good score comes with practice and practice. All you need to do is to do math problems correctly within time, and only shortcut tricks can give you that success. Again it does not mean that you can’t do maths without using shortcut tricks. You may do math problems within time without using any shortcut tricks. You may have that potential.
But, other peoples may not do the same. For those we prepared this division shortcut tricks. We always try to put all shortcut methods of the given topic. But it possible we miss any. We appreciate if you share that with us. Your help will help others.
Now we will discuss some basic ideas of Division. On the basis of these ideas we will learn trick and tips of shortcut division. If you think that how to solve division questions using division shortcut tricks, then further studies will help you to do so.
What is Division?
Division is Arithmetic operation where you distribute a number equally, If in a bucket has 6 apples, and we want that it would distribute equally in three persons, So each one get 6 / 3 = 2 apples, we use the ÷ or / symbol for division of any number. Here in this topic we will discuss some shortcut tricks on Division Method. Which help and perceive you in calculation. So here is some Tricks of some based numbers. Some example of division link has given below for your better understanding.
a divided by b is written as a / b. Anything we learn in our school days was basics and that is well enough for passing our school exams. Now the time has come to learn for our competitive exams. For this we need our basics but also we have to learn something new. That’s where shortcut tricks are comes into action.
- If the end digit of any number is Zero or Even Number then that number can easily Divisible by 2. Lets see the Example: 4587952 / 2 = 2293976.
- If the aggregate of all numbers is divisible by 3 then the number is divisible by 3. Example: ( 8 + 6 + 1 ) = 15 and 15 is divisible by 3, So the 861 is divisible by 3. Some more Example: 22104 / 3 = 7368. ( 2 + 2 + 1 + 0 + 4 ) = 9. 9 / 3 = 3, So 22104 divisible by 3.
- The number is Divisible by 4 when the end of two digit is divisible by 4 or end of two digit is Zero. Example: 85736 = 21434. (End two digit divisible by 4). 98300 = 24575 (End of both digit is Zero).
- If the last digit of a number is Zero or 5 Then the number is divisible by 5. Example: 7775 / 5 = 1555 (End digit is 5), 3390 / 5 = 678 (End digit is 0).
- The number is divisible by 6 when the number is divisible by only 3 and 2. So both the condition should be satisfied by Rule 3 and 2 otherwise number will be not divisible by 6. 5844 / 6 = 974 ( Both condition are satisfied ).
- Three end digit of number if divisible by 8 and if the last three digit is Zero then the number is also divisible by 8. Example:224256/8=28032 here the last digit 256 is divisible by 8 so the total number should be divisible by 8. 92045000/8=11505625.last three digit is Zero so the number is divisible by 8.
- All digits sum of a number if divisible by 9 then the number is divisible by 9. Example: 9522:(9+5+2+2)=18 that is divisible by 9 so the number 9522/9=1058.
- The number is divisible by 10 if the number is end with Zero then the number divisible by 10. Example: 4790/10=479 and 1250/10=125 this two numbers are end with Zero that why it is divisible by 10.
- Using 11 a number is divisible if difference sum of Even places and sum of odd places is Zero so divisible by 11. Example: 1236431460/11=112402860. (1+3+4+1+6)(odd places)-(2+6+3+4+0)(Even places)=0 and sum of odd and Even digit is equal so the number is divisible by 11.
- We can write 15 as (5 x 3) so if a number is divisible by 5 and 3 then the number is divisible by 15.
Few examples of Divisibility with Shortcut tricks
- 1. Divisibility of a number by 2 shortcut tricks
- 2. Divisibility of a number by 3 shortcut tricks
- 3. Divisibility of a number by 4 shortcut tricks
- 4. Divisibility of a number by 5 shortcut tricks
- 5. Divisibility of a number by 6 shortcut tricks
- 6. Divisibility of a number by 8 shortcut tricks
- 7. Divisibility of a number by 9 shortcut tricks
- 8. Divisibility of a number by 10 shortcut tricks
- 9. Divisibility of a number by 11 shortcut tricks
- 10. Divisibility of a number by 15 shortcut tricks
If you have any question regarding Division shortcut tricks, then please do comment on below section. You can also send us message on facebook.